Tuesday, November 12, 2013

A Fashion Faux Pas

Today, I wore white. Lock me up and throw away the key! And to prolong my sentence, know that a large chunk of my fall/winter wardrobe this year is white or cream. Call the fashion police!

Like so much of life right now, people are breaking codes that were so key, daily. It's all about the rebel lifestyle. And I wear white after Labor Day. Take that! I always felt it was such a silly rule. With a high of almost 80 degrees tomorrow, I may even break out my white pants! Gasp!

So how did this so-called rule come to be? An article in Time speculated that it could be because lighter colored fabrics are cooler and typically lighter weight, and it makes sense to keep this in your summer wardrobe and pick the warm, thicker materials for the cooler months. I get it, although I live in California. They also said it could be due to white formerly being the color of choice for elite American's vacationing - the yachting attire of the past. After all, Labor Day is the symbolic end of summertime.

Regardless, white has sneakily inched its way into fall and winter and I feel it is one of the best holiday colors out there. In an area void of snow, that's my solution. This holiday season, I'll be a sparkly white snow angel!


Who doesn't love the perfect white jacket? It matches everything, be it edgy or traditional!

Faux Leather Moto by BCX, $59
Fit and Flare Wool Coat by Banana Republic, $250
Boucle Convertible Jacket by Rachel Roy, $280


A white dress for holiday parties is essential. Just maybe not when spaghetti will be present. It does the same magic as a little black dress, but brightens you up.

Dazzle 'Em Combo Dress by Forever 21, $27.80
Lace Trim Boucle Sheath by Banana Republic, $165
Cutting Edge Brocade Dress by Forever 21, $32.80


There's something about a simple white tee or flowy white chiffon top. Pair with jeans, black pants, a bandage skirt, whatever!

Art Deco Beaded Top by Forever 21, $24.80
Sisters of the Moon Top by Free People, $98
Dreamy Tiered Chiffon Blouse by Forever 21, $15.80


My favorite white piece this season just happens to be an uber-cozy chunky sweater. Why can't I wear an over sized sweater all day, every day?

Relaxed Embroidered Sweatshirt by Forever 21, $22.80
Sequined Rugby Stripe Pullover by Free People, $168
Favorite V-Neck Sweater by Free People, $19.80

Do you dare to wear white?

Love,
jenna

No comments:

Post a Comment