Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Oh Dolly

When I think of Dolly Parton, a lot comes to mind. He songs, her movies, her.. umm.. ehh... physical assets. But most of all I think of her clothes, often bizaar and extravagant, but always daring. I'm not saying that I particularily like her outfits or that I would wear them, because I certainly would not, but there is something to be said for a celebrity who will wear whatever she likes and wants to express her personality through her clothes. I picked some of my favorites (well ok, a few more than some).


This is probably the one outfit I might actually wear. I like the boots especially.
Dolly 1
Photo from here.


Check out these shoes! They are a cross between the Spice Girls and Daisy Duke.
Dolly 2
Photo from here.


Pink and animal print are one of my most favorite combos. As for the style, I will leave Dolly Parton and Las Vegas brides to pull it off.
Dolly 3
Photo from here.


Yes, that's right. Those are embroidered guitars and music notes on the jacket. I think my mom may actually have a similar piece in her closet. Eek!
Dolly 4
Photo from here.


What better for a star to wear than stars?! And that fringe at the bottom! This is definately a style I can't see coming back any time soon.
Dolly 5
Photo from here.


Not too bad. It's obvious she likes colors. Do her shoes always match her nails?
Dolly 6
Photo from here.


And last but not least, Dolly's version of red carpet elegance.
Dolly 7
Photo from here.

2 comments:

  1. Oh! The first photo is so YOU, Dolly! ; )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, these are great. She's definitely a character.

    ReplyDelete